- Enroll in an ACT or SAT prep course during the summer while you still have time.
- Research and find out test dates for ACT or SAT.
- For international students, research and find out test dates for the TOEFL exam.
- Visit college campuses to see which types of schools appeal to you.
- Begin to develop a preliminary list of colleges.
- Continue your participation in internships, camps, research, community service and other activities and see how they fit in your college admissions journey.
- Review your online persona. Examine your information on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, etc.
- Begin to prepare for courses that you have enrolled in for the upcoming school year.
It’s never too early to start planning for college!
Dr. Paul Reginald Lowe is the managing director and lead admissions expert at Pinnacle Educational Center Admissions Advisors Group. Dr. Lowe specializes in providing exclusive concierge-type admissions advisory services for U.S. and international families and students who are interested in applying to Ivy League and highly selective colleges and combined BS/MD programs. Dr. Lowe also helps students gain admissions into their top choice private schools and colleges after they have been deferred, wait-listed and rejected.
As an experienced and trusted admissions advisor for over 20 years, Dr. Paul R. Lowe is an active member of the following organizations that uphold the ethical and professional standards and principles of good admission practices in college and independent school counseling: Higher Education Consultants Association (HECA), National Association for College Admissions Counseling (NACAC), New Jersey Association for College Admission Counseling (NJACAC), New York State Association for College Admissions Counseling (NYSACAC) and International Association for College Admissions Counseling (IACAC).