Applying to top private day and boarding schools is anxiety-ridden and filled with minefields. I often hear of the mistakes parent (and their children) make during the process when they call me regarding what to do after their child has been waitlisted or rejected from their top-choice schools.
When I ask them if they had hired an admissions advisor who specialize in top day and boarding schools the answer is always no. The next question they ask is about price. Here is the conundrum: By not hiring a qualified private school expert they have essentially saved tuition payments to their intended top school.
Here is a list of advantages of hiring a private school expert:
- Private school experts have personal and current specialized knowledge of what boarding and day schools are all about and how to find one that would be a good fit for you and your family.
- Private school experts know that the devil is in the details; they continually visit schools to gain first-hand experience and insight of each school’s unique perspective and workings.
- Private school experts know what questions to ask you to assess how your application should be framed to demonstrate your child’s uniqueness, as well as how to manage themselves during their school visits.
- Private school experts assist families with school applications and review.
- Private school experts provide mock interview prep sessions for parent and student interviews.
- Private school experts have the unique opportunity to learn from and interact one-on-one with the heads of schools, directors of admissions and senior admissions personnel.
- Private school experts understand the diplomacy and advocacy needed for their clients.
“Admissions is a competitive sport! Why gamble with uncertainty?” – Dr. Paul Lowe.
Paul Reginald Lowe is the managing director and lead admissions expert at Pinnacle Educational Center Admissions Advisors Group’s Boarding School Admissions Consultants, an affiliate of Private School Admissions Advisors. Dr. Lowe specializes in providing exclusive concierge-type admissions advisory services for U.S. and international students who are interested in applying to top U.S. boarding and day schools. Dr. Lowe helps U.S. and international students gain admissions into top U.S. boarding and day schools even after they have been wait-listed and rejected. Dr. Lowe and his team of admissions advisors also visit prestigious and elite private schools, where they have the unique opportunity of interacting one-on-one with heads of schools, directors of admissions and senior admissions personnel.