Your child attending an elite boarding school really do matter!!!
In addition to excellent education, athletic departments, art and science programs and networking opportunities, they represent prestige, status and are still considered feeder schools to Ivy league and highly selective colleges and universities.
This year, we had conversions with college counseling personnel at some of the most prestigious boarding schools in the U.S. When you hear that at times 10-15 students from each of the top boarding schools being accepted to Harvard or Yale Princeton, Brown or Columbia, etc., then it really does matter. It’s a hyper/hyper-competitive college admissions environment (see our blog: “Class of 2023 College Admissions Rates”) and students (and their parents) need a competitive edge.
There are many boarding schools through out the world and now even more American-type-international schools in China. However, top U.S. boarding schools continue to provide the best college admissions advantages and results.
Here is the list of top 25 U.S. boarding high schools by rank:
- Phillips Academy – Andover, MA
- Phillips Exeter Academy – Exeter, NH
- St. Paul’s School – Concord, NH
- Lawrenceville School – Lawrenceville, NJ
- Choate Rosemary Hall – Wallingford, CT
- Deerfield Academy – Deerfield, MA
- Groton School – Groton, MA
- Noble & Greenough School – Dedham, MA
- Cranbrook School – Bloomfield Hills, MI
- Hotchkiss School – Lakeville, CT
- Hockaday School – Dallas, TX
- Cate School – Carpinteria, CA
- Middlesex School – Concord, MA
- Thacher School – Ojai, CA
- Milton Academy – Milton, MA
- Lake Forest Academy – Lake Forest, IL
- St. Albans School – Washington, DC
- St. Stephen’s Episcopal School – Austin, TX
- Hackley School – Tarrytown, NY
- Peddie School – Hightstown, NJ
- Kent School – Kent, CT
- Emma Willard School – Troy, NY
- Taft School – Watertown, CT
- Concord Academy – Concord, MA
- Madeira School – Mclean, VA
Please review our: 2019 boarding school acceptances.
“Admissions is a competitive sport! Why gamble with uncertainty?” – Dr. Paul Lowe.
Paul Reginald Lowe is the managing director and lead admissions expert at Pinnacle Educational Center Admissions Advisors Group’s Boarding School Admissions Consultants, an affiliate of Private School Admissions Advisors. Dr. Lowe specializes in providing exclusive concierge-type admissions advisory services for U.S. and international students who are interested in applying to top U.S. boarding schools. Dr. Lowe helps U.S. and international students gain admissions into top U.S. boarding schools even after they have been wait-listed and rejected. Dr. Lowe and his team of admissions advisors also visit prestigious and elite private schools, where they have the unique opportunity of interacting one-on-one with heads of schools, directors of admissions and senior admissions personnel.