It’s days before the new year (2018) and we have observed continued trends throughout this year in private schools and admissions.
Here are some highlights of trends in 2017 that U.S. and international families may need to follow in 2018.
- Admissions emphasis on “Character”: Schools have begun to use Character Skills Assessment (CSA) which will offer insights into an applicant’s character attributes and add great value to the holistic evaluation of applicants to make informed admissions decisions of applicants.
- Top private schools continue to expand: Schools continue to build more buildings and facilities to accommodate students. For example, such Manhattan elite schools as: Trinity School, Collegiate School and Chapin Schools are expanding
- STEAM Education: Schools are increasingly incorporating STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, mathematics) education as a part of their curriculum.
- U.S. schools are opening more international branches: Schools opening international campuses: Dwight School in Dubai and The Avenues: The World School in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- International students: More international students are seeking admissions to U.S. private high schools.
- Top 5 U.S. Boarding High Schools: The top 5 U.S. boarding high schools – 1. Andover, 2. Exeter, 3. St. Paul’s, 4. Lawrenceville, and 5. Choate. Over the past 5 years, these schools have been sending 25-30 students each year to Ivy League colleges and universities.
Dr. Paul Reginald Lowe is the managing director and lead admissions expert at Pinnacle Educational Center Group’s Private School Admissions Advisors. Dr. Lowe specializes in providing exclusive concierge-type admissions advisory services for U.S. and international students who are interested in applying to top U.S. boarding and day schools. Dr. Lowe helps U.S. and international students gain admissions into top U.S. private schools even after they have been waitlisted and rejected. Dr. Lowe and his team of admissions advisors also visit prestigious and elite private schools where they have the unique opportunity of interacting one-on-one with heads of schools, directors of admissions and senior admissions personnel. Dr. Lowe provides parents with the knowledge they need to decide where there children should attend and the admissions strategies they need to be admitted into their top-choice school.