The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the dynamics of private school vs. boarding school education. Boarding schools, because their immense resources and facilities are attracting U.S. as well as international families even in the midst of the pandemic! As a result of the exodus from the Manhattan private (day) school universe, students transferring from public schools (many public schools were ill-prepared for virtual classes), and the mere increased interest in the college counseling departments of these schools (for example: Phillips Exeter Academy, boarding school admissions is now even more competitive. We are seeing a dramatic increased interest in boarding schools.
Many international as well as U.S. parents who call us are under the perception or misconception that it’s easier to gain admissions to top boarding schools – It’s not!
Based on our research, knowledge and professional working-relationships; and Niche’s “2021 Best Boarding Schools In America Ranking”, we have provided a list below to help families who are seeking the boarding school alternative.
Here is a current list of the top 25 U.S. boarding high schools:
- Phillips Academy – Andover, MA
- Phillips Exeter Academy – Exeter, NH
- St. Paul’s School – Concord, NH
- Lawrenceville School – Lawrenceville, NJ
- Choate Rosemary Hall – Wallingford, CT
- Deerfield Academy – Deerfield, MA
- Groton School – Groton, MA
- Noble & Greenough School – Dedham, MA
- Cranbrook School – Bloomfield Hills, MI
- Hotchkiss School – Lakeville, CT
- Hockaday School – Dallas, TX
- Cate School – Carpinteria, CA
- Middlesex School – Concord, MA
- Thacher School – Ojai, CA
- Milton Academy – Milton, MA
- Lake Forest Academy – Lake Forest, IL
- St. Albans School – Washington, DC
- St. Stephen’s Episcopal School – Austin, TX
- Hackley School – Tarrytown, NY
- Peddie School – Hightstown, NJ
- Kent School – Kent, CT
- Emma Willard School – Troy, NY
- Taft School – Watertown, CT
- Concord Academy – Concord, MA
- Madeira School – Mclean, VA
“Admissions is a competitive sport! Why gamble with uncertainty?” – Dr. Paul Lowe.
“Parents hire us because they choose to pay an admissions expert who will help them avoid making mistakes.” – Dr. Paul Lowe
Paul Reginald Lowe is the managing director and lead admissions expert at Pinnacle Educational Center Admissions Advisors Group’s Boarding School Admissions Consultants, an affiliate of Private School Admissions Advisors. Dr. Lowe specializes in providing exclusive concierge-type admissions advisory services for U.S. and international students who are interested in applying to top U.S. boarding schools. Dr. Lowe helps U.S. and international students gain admissions into top U.S. boarding schools even after they have been wait-listed and rejected.
Dr. Lowe and his team of admissions advisors also visit prestigious and elite private schools, where they have the unique opportunity of interacting one-on-one with heads of schools, directors of admissions and senior admissions personnel.