Niche, a company that researches and compiles information on schools released its 2018 ranking of the best boarding schools in the U.S., specifically highlighting the best schools that prepare students for elite colleges.
My team and I have had the opportunity to visit these top boarding schools and I must agree. These schools have not only great facilities but also excellent and engaged faculty and administrators. Why do we visit schools? See my blog: Why Dr. Lowe Visits Private Schools.
Here is the list of 2018 top 25 U.S. boarding high schools by rank:
- Phillips Academy – Andover, MA
- Phillips Exeter Academy – Exeter, NH
- St. Paul’s School – Concord, NH
- Lawrenceville School – Lawrenceville, NJ
- Choate Rosemary Hall – Wallingford, CT
- Deerfield Academy – Deerfield, MA
- Groton School – Groton, MA
- Noble & Greenough School – Dedham, MA
- Cranbrook School – Bloomfield Hills, MI
- Hotchkiss School – Lakeville, CT
- Hockaday School – Dallas, TX
- Cate School – Carpinteria, CA
- Middlesex School – Concord, MA
- Thacher School – Ojai, CA
- Milton Academy – Milton, MA
- Lake Forest Academy – Lake Forest, IL
- St. Albans School – Washington, DC
- St. Stephen’s Episcopal School – Austin, TX
- Hackley School – Tarrytown, NY
- Peddie School – Hightstown, NJ
- Kent School – Kent, CT
- Emma Willard School – Troy, NY
- Taft School – Watertown, CT
- Concord Academy – Concord, MA
- Madeira School – Mclean, VA
“Admissions is a competitive sport! Why gamble with uncertainty?” – Dr. Paul Lowe.
Paul Reginald Lowe is the managing director and lead admissions expert at Pinnacle Educational Center Admissions Advisors Group’s Boarding School Admissions Consultants, an affiliate of Private School Admissions Advisors. Dr. Lowe specializes in providing exclusive concierge-type admissions advisory services for U.S. and international students who are interested in applying to top U.S. boarding schools. Dr. Lowe helps U.S. and international students gain admissions into top U.S. boarding schools even after they have been wait-listed and rejected. Dr. Lowe and his team of admissions advisors also visit prestigious and elite private schools, where they have the unique opportunity of interacting one-on-one with heads of schools, directors of admissions and senior admissions personnel.