It’s pretty difficult for U.S. high school students to be admitted to BS/MD programs (or medical school-from-high school programs). It’s even more competitive and extremely difficult for international students from non-U.S.-based high schools or U.S. based-top boarding schools to be accepted to these programs.
Based on my professional experience as a BS/MD admissions advisor, visiting and touring colleges and talking with admissions officers and administrators, here is a current list of BS/MD programs that will consider reviewing applications of international students:
- Boston University Seven-Year Liberal Arts/Medical Education Program
- Brown University Program in Liberal Medical Education (PLME)
- Case Western Reserve University Pre-Professional Scholars Program in Medicine
- New Jersey Institute of Technology/American University of Antigua
- New Jersey Institute of Technology/St. George’s University School of Medicine
- Northwestern University Honor Program In Medical Education (HPME)
- Pennsylvania State University Accelerated Premedical-Medical Program
- Rice/Baylor Medical Scholars Program (MSP)
- University of Connecticut Special Program in Medicine
- University Rochester – Rochester Early Medical Scholars (REMS)
- Washington University in St. Louis University Scholars Program in Medicine
Working with international high school students who desire to matriculate to BS/MD programs is a very involved, comprehensive and long-term process. My team and I must clearly understand student goals, continuously help students with their applications and develop successful admissions strategies.
Of course, after this long and arduous admissions process one of the major benefits that I observe with our international BS/MD clients is that in their senior year in high school they (and their parents) are happy to know that they can be called “Dr”. They also know that the next step in their medical career is matching to a U.S. medical residency program!
Dr. Paul Reginald Lowe is the managing director of Pinnacle Educational Center Admissions Advisors Group network. He and his team of admissions advisors, through the admissions affiliate, BS/MD Admissions Advisors, help high school students get accepted to BS/MD programs. Many of Dr. Lowe’s BS/MD Admissions client are international students want to attend medical school from high school and then entire U.S. medical residency sub-specialties.